COVID-19 Protocols for Training Students
- Please refrain from entering our facility or training field if:
- You or anyone in your household has knowingly been exposed to someone testing positive for COVID-19. Please follow the Maine CDC’s recommendations for reporting and self-quarantine.
- You or a member of your household have traveled out of state and are required to self-quarantine per Maine CDC protocol.
- Please wear a face-covering anytime you enter the store or the training field for the protection of yourself, staff, and our community. All staff members who have contact with clients will be wearing a face-covering inside and outside the store. If you are not wearing a face covering, you may be asked to leave immediately.
- Because of the size of our shop, we have elected only to allow two clients at a time inside the store.
- Staff will be parking as close to the road as possible to leave the front spaces available for clients. This will help clients also see how many people are inside. If you are unsure, a staff member will come out to let you know when it is ok to enter. We understand this may cause some delays, but it ensures the safety of everyone.
- Please maintain at least 6’ of space between other clients and staff when inside the building.
- Please, whenever possible, only have one family member per household enter the store for purchases or for dropping off or picking up a pet.
- All classes will be prescheduled via phone or email. Notices of changes in class schedules will be sent via email, and it is the student’s responsibility to check their email regularly.
- In-person classes will not resume until the state allows us to do so, and we have determined that we can keep you and our staff safe.
- Only one family member per pet may attend class.
- All classes will be held outdoors. Should the weather be an issue, we will postpone the class and resume either the following week or another day of the week.
- To minimize interaction between classes, please arrive on time but remain in your car until the current class has been dismissed, and the staff has given you instructions that you may enter the training field. Be patient as staff will need to sanitize common areas between classes. When you are dismissed from class, do not linger near the training field and remember to maintain social distancing.
- Please maintain a minimum of 6’ between clients and trainers for the safety of both the dogs and the humans. Areas may be marked off in the field to aid in social distancing. Please remain in the area designated by your instructor.
- No interaction between dogs will be allowed.
- Please do not bring purses and other items to set down on the ground or hang on the fence. Treat bags, clickers, and other supplies need to be on your person. If needed, we will provide water bowls and water for the dogs. We need to minimize the areas we need to sanitize
- No food or beverages for people, other than one bottle of water per person are allowed in the training field.
- All equipment that is provided by the instructor and comes in contact with a student will be disinfected after each student and between classes.
- Trainers will maintain social distancing whenever possible. When demoing with a client’s dog, they will sanitize the leash and their hands afterward.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided to be used when needed throughout the session.
- Students will not be allowed to assemble in any entryway, exit, or other shared space before or after their lesson/class.
- Students must maintain social distancing protocols at all times while on the training facility property, including while exercising their dog before and after lessons/classes.
- A printable version of all Green Acres Kennel Shop COVID-19 protocols are posted on our website at https://www.greenacreskennel.com/images/gaks_covid-19_protocols.pdf.