Policy on Charitable Contributions and Donations
Paula and I have always believed that it is important to give back to our community. Over the years we have provided support to numerous organizations and individuals that have had a cause or a need that touched our hearts.
The organizations and individuals that we have supported over the years range anywhere from animal shelters and individual benefit auctions to senior centers and food drives. .In some cases our donations are on a regular schedule, in other case they are one-time events. Our donations are often in the form of gift bags or gift vouchers for services and products at Green Acres. It is our preference to give to local organizations that focus on helping animals, children, seniors and the environment; organizations that support social justice and that do not discriminate. We also do what we can to support individuals and families with a special need that are friends, friends of friends or clients.
It is not unusual for Green Acres to receive several requests for charitable donations every month. As much as we would like to, it is not financially possible for us to respond favorably in every case. In order for us to objectively and fairly evaluate each request we ask that all solicitations be in writing, preferably on the letterhead of the organization or individual seeking the donation. Each request should include:
- An overview of the organization.
- How you or your organization is familiar with Green Acres Kennel Shop.
- Proof of the organization's 501(c) (3) not-for-profit tax exempt status, if applicable.
- An indication of what you are requesting (cash donation, services, merchandise, gift certificate, etc.).
- A description of the project or event for which the donation will be used.
- The date which the donation will be collected.
- A name and contact information for an individual who can discuss any questions that we may have regarding this contribution.
If we have donated to your organization in the past year and have all of the above information on file, feel free to contact me by email at [email protected].
We look forward to learning more about your organization and receiving your contribution request. You can expect to hear from us within four weeks of your submission.
Organizations and causes we have supported in the past
- 14th Street School Basket Auction
- All Saints Catholic School Auction
- American Heart Association
- Animal Orphanage
- ARK Animal Shelter
- American Cancer Society
- American Lung Association
- Association of Professional Dog Trainers Foundation
- Association of Professional Dog Trainers Memorial Fund
- Bangor Area Homeless Shelter
- Bangor Bark for Life (American Cancer Society)
- Bangor Breakfast Rotary
- Bangor Humane Society
- Bangor Humane Society Paws on Parade
- Bangor Humane Society Shed & Emily Fund
- BARKK To End the Silence (Paw it Forward Foundation)
- Best Friends Animal Society
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters
- Blake Lufkin Benefit Auction
- Brewer Kiwanis Charity Auction
- Cancer Support Center of Maine
- Challenger Learning Center of Maine
- Children's Miracle Network – Bids for Kids
- Columbia Presbyterian Church
- Dane County Humane Society
- Downeast Elementary School
- Eastern Area Agency on Aging Furry Friends Food Bank
- Eastern Maine AIDS Network
- Eastern Maine Charities
- Eddington Elementary School Fair
- Food AND Medicine Solidarity Harvest
- Forgotten Felines of Maine Glitterbox Auction
- Friends of Kindred Spirits
- Hammond Street Senior Center
- Imperial War Museum
- In Tandem Theater
- Junior Achievement Benefit Auction
- K9's for Kids
- Katrina Refugee Fund
- Kidney Foundation of Canada
- KISS Christmas is For Kids
- Kontio's Automotive Free Oil Changes for Veterans
- L Factor Benefit for Lindsey Garnett
- L Factor Benefit for LifeFlight
- Leap of Faith Benefit for John Sovis
- Lincoln Middle School
- Linda "Mimi" Reilly Endowment Fund
- Mabel Wadsworth Women's Health Center
- Madison Audubon Society Goose Pond Sanctuary
- Maine Greyhound Placement Services
- Maine Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- Manna Ministries
- Mike and Mike Manna Food Drive
- Morison School Auction
- Morris Animal Foundation
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Penobscot County 4H
- Penquis Cap Good Neighbor Fund
- Rabies Challenge Fund
- Rape Response Services
- Ronald McDonald House
- Sarah's House
- Save Our Strays
- Salvation Army
- Shaun DeCeseure Benefit Auction
- St. Joseph's Hospital
- St. Josephs Hospital Auxiliary
- UMAINE Alumni - Super Suppah Silent Auction
- Wally Thurston Family Benefit
- Wynter Cash Silent Auction
- Wolf Park