All grooming clients must sign a grooming contract for each pet groomed, on an annual basis. A special contract, at the end of this one, is used for pets that we find to be severely matted.
(This copy of our contract is made available online for your review only. An actual copy will be need to be signed at our facility)
This is a contract for boarding, grooming and daycare services between GREEN ACRES KENNEL SHOP (GAKS) and the pet owner whose signature appears below (hereinafter called “Owner”).
- OWNER agrees to pay the rate in effect the date the pet is checked into GAKS, and further agrees to pay for all costs and charges for any special services requested or required, and all veterinary costs for the pet during the time pet is in care of GAKS. OWNER agrees that the pet shall not leave GAKS until all charges for boarding, daycare, grooming, medicine, veterinary services, playtime, etc. are paid to GAKS by OWNER. Any grooming or daycare pets not called for on the stated pick up date will be boarded at our normal rate. If the pet is not called for within 10 days of the stated pickup date, the pet will be sold for bills due or placed with a humane society or rescue group. OWNER shall be liable for any unpaid charges.
- OWNER is aware that if pet is found to have fleas or evidence of fleas, that GAKS will administer Capstar® (nitenpyram) or flea shampoo, at their discretion, before accepting the pet. Charges for any flea treatments will be added to the OWNER’S bill. Due to the nature of the pesticides used, there may be side effects which GAKS cannot be held responsible for. OWNER is aware that any such treatments are not guaranteed 100% effective.
- Owner is aware that grooming pets, if matted may require shaving or dematting, and that these procedures may have unpleasant consequences such as clipper burn, brush burn, or nicks and cuts resulting in temporary discomfort, including but not limited to, itching scratching and scooting. OWNER is aware that alopecia, the abnormal regrowth of hair, may occur in some instances. GAKS will use all precautions during these procedures but will not be held responsible for the aforementioned side effects.
- When requested, GAKS will board more than one pet of the same species, from the same household, in a single run, as long as both pets can move freely and be fed appropriately without supervision; however, GAKS reserves the right to place the pets in separate runs if they deem necessary. The single run rate will then apply for each pet.
- If pet is to be boarded any time over peak and holiday periods, as posted at GAKS, OWNER agrees to pay for ALL DAYS RESERVED, unless said dates are cancelled at least 72 hours prior to the day of the reservation.
- OWNER is aware of the hours GAKS is open to the public and understands that when boarding, the daily boarding charge applies the day you drop your pet off and each subsequent day the pet is here after 12 noon.
- GAKS will exercise due and reasonable care for pet and will keep its facility clean and properly enclosed.
- If pet becomes ill or if the state of the pet’s health is such that GAKS believes the pet requires veterinary attention, GAKS, in its sole discretion, may engage the services of a veterinarian or administer medicine, or a special diet, or give other requisite attention to the pet and the expenses thereof shall be paid by the OWNER.
- All pets are cared for by GAKS without liability on our part for loss or damage, from disease, death, running away, theft, fire, injury to persons, or other animals or property by said pet, fence climbing, or other unavoidable causes, providing due diligence and normal care and caution having been exercised.
- It is expressly agreed by OWNER and GAKS that GAKS liability shall in no event exceed the lesser of the current chattel value of a pet of the same species or the sum of $200.00 per pet. The OWNER further agrees to be solely responsible for any and all acts or behavior of said pet while it is in the care of GAKS.
- By signing this Contract and leaving your pet with GAKS, OWNER certifies to the accuracy of all information provided about pet, that pet is current on all vaccines required by GAKS, that pet has not been exposed to rabies or distemper within a 30 day period prior to receiving services at GAKS, and that OWNER is the legal owner of said pet, free and clear of all liens and encumbrances and assumes financial liability for all payments called for in this agreement.
- This Contract, and the Group Play, Individual/Family Play or Shave Down addendum, if signed, contains the entire agreement between the parties for the Boarding/Daycare/Grooming of said pets. All terms and conditions of this Contract shall be binding on the heirs, administrators, personal representatives and assigns of the OWNER and GAKS.
- Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract, or the breach thereof, or as the result of any claim or controversy involving the alleged negligence by any party to this contract, shall be settled by arbitration in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association, and judgment upon the award rendered by an arbitrator may be entered in any Court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall, as part of his award, determine an award to the prevailing party of the costs of such arbitration and reasonable attorney’s fees of the prevailing party.
- This Contract applies to this visit at GAKS as well as all subsequent visits.
I have read this agreement on this date, ___/___/___, understand its terms and signed it freely.
GREEN ACRES KENNEL SHOP SHAVE DOWN CONTRACT
This is a contract between GREEN ACRES KENNEL SHOP (hereinafter called “GAKS”) and the pet owner or agent whose signature appears below (hereinafter called “Owner”).
- OWNER agrees that this contract is a supplement to the previously signed GENERAL contract.
- OWNER understands that GAKS does NOT recommend shave downs except when medically necessary or when the pet is so severely matted that in our professional opinion the matts cannot be combed or brushed out without causing the pet unnecessary discomfort and distress.
- OWNER is aware that the shave down process makes use of electric clippers that may leave the pet’s coat no longer than a 1/16”, and authorizes us to “shave down” the pet.
- OWNER is aware that after shaved down, the pet may require sunscreen in order to prevent sunburn or a coat for warmth in colder months.
- OWNER is aware that these procedures may have unpleasant consequences such as clipper burn, brush burn, or nicks and cuts resulting in temporary discomfort, including but not limited to, itching scratching and scooting. OWNER is aware that alopecia, the abnormal regrowth of hair, may occur in some instances. GAKS will use all precautions during these procedures but will not be held responsible for the aforementioned side effects.
- This Contract applies to this specific grooming appointment at GAKS.