Green Acres Kennel Provides Friendly Doggie Daycare
Book a Reservation
Doggie Daycare at the Green Acres Kennel Shop can provide your special dog with:
- Exercise and socialization opportunities. Daycare is a great place to burn off that excess energy while romping off-leash with a new canine buddy in a safe, supervised environment.
- Human contact. During the day while you are gone your companion need not be alone. Our pet care technicians are here because they love spending time with dogs, and providing knowledgeable pet sitting services and pet care services.
- A safe environment with friendly, experienced dog sitters. When you leave your dog at Green Acres, you can rest assured that they will be in the best of care.
Dogs that spend their day in Green Acres daycare for dogs enjoy:
- Their own spacious, indoor-outdoor run. Multi-dog families may have up to 2 dogs stay in the same run. Runs are left open, weather permitting, for dogs to go in and out at will. You won’t find your dog crated at this daycare for dogs.
- Two twenty minute group playtimes. One session occurs in the morning and another in the afternoon. Each playgroup is supervised at all times by staff members that have completed extensive training in canine behavior and canine group play dynamics developed by Green Acres’ behavior consultants Don Hanson and Kate Dutra and by The Dog Guru’s, a pet care services industry resource for expertise on off-leash dog play. There are never more than 5 dogs per staff member in a group. Dogs are evaluated and assigned to a playgroup based on age, size, temperament and play style. Your dog's enjoyment and safety are our primary concern. Dogs in our dog daycare must be able to get along well with other dogs.
- A tasty and nutritious snack. In between playtimes, treats are stuffed in a Kong® or other food puzzle, as we find that the dogs love working to get to the food inside. Snacks may include healthy biscuits, a carrot, an apple and other tasty treats. If your dog has special dietary needs that need to be taken into consideration at our dog day camp, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate them.
Green Acres Kennel Shop is a pet friendly, force-free, fear-free facility and we meet or exceed the standards set in the Position Statements of The Pet Professional Guild (PPG) and the behavior guidelines of the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA).
Green Acres has a limited number of space available for Daycare dogs from 7:00AM until 6:00PM, Monday through Friday. If your dog will be coming for our daycare and dog sitting services 5 days per week, it is available throughout the year, except the week between Christmas and New Year’s (December 24th thru January 3rd). Weekly guests may reserve Daycare space up to 5 weeks in advance.
If you would like to learn more about our Daycare program, we encourage you to stop by for a tour. Daycare is very popular and we are often full; however, we do maintain a waiting list so we can contact you when a space becomes available. Contact us today to book a reservation!
Book a Reservation