COVID-19 Protocols for Boarding Clients
Due to the high number of boarding clients over the Christmas and New Years' holidays, we have established special COVID-19 protocols, which we are communicating to applicable clients via email. When dropping off or picking up pets, all clients are asked to call 207-945-6841 before entering the store. Clients will be served in order. Please be patient.
- Please refrain from entering our facility if:
- You or anyone in your household has knowingly been exposed to someone testing positive for COVID-19. Please follow the Maine CDC’s recommendations for reporting and self-quarantine.
- You or a member of your household have traveled out of state and are required to self-quarantine per Maine CDC protocol. Please contact us to determine how we can safely get your pet to you
- Please wear a properly fitting face mask anytime you enter the store for the protection of yourself, staff, and our community. All staff members who have contact with clients will be wearing a properly fitted face mask inside and outside the store. If you are not wearing a face mask, you may be asked to leave immediately.
- Because of the size of our shop, we have elected only to allow two clients at a time inside the store.
- Staff will be parking as close to the road as possible to leave the front spaces available for clients. This will help clients also see how many people are inside. If you are unsure, a staff member will come out to let you know when it is ok to enter. We understand this may cause some delays, but it ensures the safety of everyone.
- Please maintain at least 6’ of space between other clients and staff when inside the building.
- Please, whenever possible, only have one family member per household enter for purchases or for dropping off or picking up a pet.
- If there are multiple pets to be picked up, staff can assist in keeping those pets secure while clients are loading them into their vehicle should they need to make numerous trips.
- Please bring in one pet at a time.
- Staff will take your dogs from you by grabbing the leash closer to the dog’s collar/harness to maintain social distancing and minimize contact.
- A staff member will check your pet and items in and take them to their designated kennel space.
- Do not bring blankets, bowls, toys, or beds from home. We can provide your pet with everything they will need to keep them warm, comfortable, and healthy while you are away. Everything is washed and sanitized after each use.
- Non-Staff Members are not allowed in the kennel areas at this time due to COVID-19 safety protocols.
- A printable version of all Green Acres Kennel Shop COVID-19 protocols are posted on our website at https://www.greenacreskennel.com/images/gaks_covid-19_protocols.pdf.