Our Refining Rover class is for those that have completed a Basic Manners or higher level class at Green Acres.
Classes are currently held indoors at Green Acres Kennel Shop and on Saturdays from 10:00 AM to 10:45 AM.
This class is ideal for:
- Those that need some extra practice on basic skills in a more structured environment.
- People that simply want to give their dogs some extra mental stimulation while fine tuning behaviors.
- Dogs and handlers awaiting the start of an upper-level class who want to keep working while waiting for their advanced class to start.
- Those that have intermittent availability and cannot commit to a schedule of six consecutive weeks for our more advanced classes.
How it Works:
- Simply call (945-6841) or stop by to sign up. The cost for each class is $15.00 and must be paid when you sign-up. This class fee is non-refundable
- You must sign-up no later than 5 p.m. on the day before the class; however, you may register up to 6 weeks in advance. The class is limited to five students and works on a first come, first served basis. When a class is full, it is full.
- The class will be instructed by 1-2 Green Acres Trainers, depending upon the number of students that day.
- The class is designed to review and work on the basics (sit, down, stay, leave it, heel, recall, etc.) and is not a venue for addressing more serious behavioral concerns. The introduction of new behaviors is not the intention of this class. Topics covered in class will vary depending upon the desires and needs of those participating that week.
- The class will include dog-handler teams with a variety of different skill sets and will offer great opportunities to work on difficult areas for those newer to the training game. It will provide the more seasoned dog-handler teams with an opportunity to work around distractions.