Puppy Headstart – In Person
< Last Updated 05MAY20 >
This class is currently not being offered due to group size and social distancing restrictions. We recommend our Puppy Headstart – Online Class as an alternative. < Click for more info >
Give your puppy the perfect head start to becoming a well-mannered dog. This class addresses the puppy essentials; socialization, housetraining, play biting, chewing, jumping up on people, handling for grooming, playing with other dogs, and more. It is for dogs that are 8 to 16 weeks of age when they begin class. Large and giant breeds may be too large for class past 12 weeks of age. We teach you how to get the behavior you want through rewards and management. Each class has two instructors with a maximum of six dogs and includes a handout that outlines everything you learn in class. Every week you attend, you will receive coupons for products and services. If you never miss a week, you can save a minimum of $46. The class runs for four consecutive weeks with open enrollment, allowing you to start as soon as possible. Your puppy’s space in class is reserved as soon as you pay the $60 registration fee in the store or over the phone.
Classes are Thursday evenings at 6:00 PM, and if that class fills, we will add a 7:15 PM class. A class is also available Saturday at 8:00 AM. There is a maximum capacity of 3 puppies per class.
Due to the COVID-19 virus, we have made the following changes to our group training classes.
- If you are not feeling well or are in the high-risk category, we ask that you do NOT attend class but do work with your dog at home as described in the homework, if you can do so. Feel free to contact us via phone or email if you have any questions.
- For the duration of the COVID-19 crisis, the class size for Puppy Headstart has been reduced from 6 students to 3. Depending on the number of students, there may be only one instructor.
- We are limiting the class to one human per dog.
- We have added additional times between classes for additional sanitation measures.
- Please arrive on time. Your class will start promptly and end after 45 minutes.
- Please use hand sanitizer as necessary.
- Please, no handshakes or hugs between people.
- As much as possible, minimize the handling of other people’s pups.