< Last Updated – 20MAR20 >
This class is for puppies that have graduated from Puppy Headstart or dogs of any age that need to learn the basics. The class is eight weeks long and begins with a three+ hour, orientation session for people only. The remaining seven classes are approximately 45 minutes in length. Depending on the time of year and weather, classes may be indoors or outdoors. We will teach you to train your dog to respond to visual and audible cues for attention, sit, down, come, heel, stay, give, and leave it. The class includes our 200+ page book, Best Friends for Life, which outlines everything you learn in class. Every week you attend, you will receive coupons for products and services. If you never miss a week, you can save a minimum of $82. Your dog’s space in class is reserved as soon as you pay the $155 registration fee in the store or over the phone. Start dates and times for Basic Manners are noted below.
Due to the COVID-19 virus, we have made the following changes to our group training classes.
- If you are not feeling well or are in the high-risk category, we ask that you do NOT attend class but do work with your dog at home as described in the homework, if you can do so. Feel free to contact us via phone or email if you have any questions.
- For the duration of the COVID-19 crisis, class size for Basic Manners has been reduced from 5 students to 4. Depending on the number of students, there may be only one instructor.
- We are limiting the class to one human per dog unless the class is outside. The decision of whether or not the class will be outdoors may not be made until class time.
- We have added additional times between classes for additional sanitation measures.
- Please arrive on time. Your class will start promptly and end after 45 minutes.
- Please use hand sanitizer as necessary.
- Please, no handshakes or hugs between people.
- As much as possible, minimize the handling of other people’s pups.
Upcoming Start Dates & Times
All start dates are tentative due to COVID-19 and are subject to change. Any changes will be updated at http://bit.ly/GAKSClassStatus any time a change is made.
- SAT – April 4th, 9:30 AM, 10:45 AM, & 12PM
- WED – April 1st, 6:00 PM & 7:15 PM
- MON – April 13th, 6:00 PM & 7:15 PM
- SAT – Early June, date to be determined, 9:30 AM, 10:45 AM, 12 PM
- WED – Early to Mid June, date to be determined, 6:00 PM & 7:15 PM
- MON – Mid to Late June, date to be determined, 6:00 PM & 7:15 PM
The dates for classes after those listed above have not been determined at this time
How to Reserve A Spot
If the start date has been set for a class, you may call us at 945-6841 and register and pay over the phone. Full payment of $155 is required to reserve your spot. If we cancel the class, you will receive a full refund.
If you wish to reserve a spot in a class for which the date has not been set, you may call us at 945-6841 and register and pay over the phone. A $50 deposit will be required to be placed on the waiting list. Once a date has been set, you will be sent an email notification asking you to call us and pay for the remainder of the class within 24 hours or to withdraw from the waiting list. If you withdraw, you will receive a full refund of $50.