< Updated 09APR20 >
< Short Link – https://bit.ly/GAKS_with_Zoom >
Some of Green Acres Kennel Shop’s classes will be held online via Zoom, and no additional purchase is necessary for you to use Zoom.
You can access Zoom with most desktop or laptop computers, tablets, and smartphones. If you have not previously used Zoom, you will need to download the Zoom app on the device you will use for attending classes. You should do this in advance of the class, as it will take you a few minutes to install and activate Zoom on your device.
For Desktops and Laptops
You can download Zoom from the Zoom download page at https://zoom.us/download
For Tablets and Smart Phones
- For Apple-based devices, visit the Apple App Store via your iPad or iPhone.
- For Android-based devices, visit Google Play.
Joining A Meeting After Zoom Is Installed
You will receive an email invitation from Don Hanson (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for every class. Please make sure these addresses are not blocked by your email, or you will not receive the link you need to log into the meeting.
The following video provided by Zoom will instruct you on how to join a Zoom meeting. – https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-Meeting
Rules for Green Acres Kennel Shop Online Classes
- We strongly encourage you to take your dog out for a bathroom break before the class starts so that you do not need to leave the presentation to attend to your dog.
- If this will be your first time attending a Green Acres online course, we encourage you to log in early. Don will be online at least 15-minutes before your classes scheduled start time to assist you and answer questions.
- It is your option to turn on or turn off your video camera.
- The class will be recorded.
- Recordings of your Green Acres Kennel Shop online classes may be downloaded and viewed for your personal use. The recordings are copyrighted and not to be shared or distributed. These files will be deleted and no longer available one month after your last session.
- Please turn off devices like a TV, radio, or anything else that could produce a sound that could be carried over your microphone when you are not on mute.
- Please make sure you are located away from people or pets that might add background noise.
- Please remain muted unless speaking.
- If you can use a headset with a microphone, it can reduce feedback and extraneous noise for other participants.
- When you do speak, please be careful not to talk over someone else.
- Due to the way their internet works, their can be lag times between when you say something and others hear it.
- The presenter will ask for questions at the end of every segment and the end of the presentation.
- If you see a slide in the presentation that contains a word bubble with a question, it is an indication that the presenter is looking for a response from attendees.