Come join the Green Acres Kennel Shop Team! We are currently seeking a full-time, experienced, professional pet groomer to help care for our fantastic clients! In this position, your primary responsibility will be to compassionately and competently bathe, brush, clip and trim coats of all breeds of dogs as well as performing other grooming duties such as nail and ear care.
Primary tasks will include:
- Grooming of a wide variety of dog breeds from start to finish using pain-free, force-free and fear-free methods
- Working as part of a team to develop positive relationships with clients and their pets
- Assistance in the generation of new clients through the grooming department
- Maintaining a clean, sanitary and safe work environment
- Prior professional experience in Pet Grooming
- Competence in humane and compassionate handling of animals of all sizes and temperaments and commitment to the Pet Professional Guild (PPG) Guiding Principles [ FMI - http://bit.ly/PPG-GuidingPrinciples ]
- Ability to work independently, setting priorities and meeting goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work well with others and communicate effectively through a variety of mediums
- Basic computer skills necessary to enter client data
- Physical ability to perform primary job duties to include lifting, bending, reaching, standing for long durations, and the dexterity needed for clipping, scissoring, combing and brushing
Compensation will be on an hourly rate plus commission, will be dependent upon the candidate's level of experience, and will be discussed at an interview.
- Submit a cover letter and current resume to at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
- Please, no phone calls.